SPINLAW has a strong commitment to accessibility. This year, we are able to provide bursaries to conference participants to make our conference as barrier-free as possible. We aim to address four key areas:
1. Financial need
2. Greater representation of law schools outside of the Greater Toronto Area
3. Accommodation of special needs (e.g. childcare, ASL interpretation, etc.)
4. Increase diversity among conference attendees
If you would like to apply for a bursary in order to attend the SPINLAW conference, please send an application to spinlaw (at) osgoode (dot) yorku (dot) ca.
Your application should consist of:
1. Your name and contact information
2. A short statement regarding what you would use a bursary for, and your interest in attending the conference
3. A budget detailing your expenses for attending the conference
We will evaluate applications on a first-come, first-served basis. We will give special consideration to group applications for travel cost bursaries, especially where the group is able to have lower per-person costs because they are travelling together (e.g. ride sharing, securing group discounts for bus/train fares). Such groups should prepare one, common application.
Since the conference is being held within the GTA, we will not normally consider applications for travel funding for residents of the GTA. However, we will have TTC tokens available on request at the conference to offset local travel costs.
Our sincere thanks to the Law Foundation of Ontario for granting us the funding that makes these bursaries possible.